Thursday, February 20, 2014

Meet Artemis

Hi everyone, I'm the goddess herself, Artemis. I am the goddess of hunting, wilderness, and fertility, and a sign of chastity and life cycles. I am also protector of many animals, young girls, and women. You may recognize me by my symbol of the moon, which I usually have on my forehead. I have a pretty crazy family. My twin brother is Apollo, God of the moon. My mom is Leto, and my father is Zeus, but my dad is married to Hera, so that caused some issues. I am often found with my bow and arrow doing my favorite thing ever, hunting! I'm a pretty laid back girl, but don't make me upset because I sometimes have a very short temper towards humans. Sometimes I can punish them in some really extreme ways. Hey, want to know a story of the time I punished Actaeon? Of course you do!
It all happened one nice summer day when I was out hunting, as normal. Actaeon, left his house early in the morning with his friends and had came down to the forest to hunt. He was a pretty good hunter (not as good as me though), but was very cocky about it. Anyways, they were having some pretty good luck, and had caught quite a few animals by mid day. The sun was starting to beat down, and they decided to stop and rest. Meanwhile, I was thinking the same thing. I stopped by the river and decided it looked like a perfect spot to clean off and cool down. As I was bathing, Actaeon wandered away from his friends, and soon found himself near where I was in the river. When he spotted me, he was entranced by my beauty (who wouldn't be?) Though anyone with a half a brain knows to never spy on a goddess, especially a naked one, he couldn't help himself. But, I'm not dumb. I soon spotted him and both embarrassed and furious called to him. Now, I will admit I don't exactly think my actions through before they occur, and maybe my next move was a bit harsh, but just think, I couldn't have him running to his friends bragging about seeing me bathing! So I splashed him with water, and the water turned him into a deer. He ran back to his friends and dogs, but they did not recognize him. The dogs however, smelled him, and began to attack and tear him apart. It was a bit gruesome, but it taught you humans all a lesson on respect.
Well Apollo is calling me for dinner, I got to go! Until next time,
Artemis

No comments:

Post a Comment